"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way." - Psalm 37:23
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28
"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."
- Philippians 1:6
As we journey down the road of life, it has many twists and turns in it and also some mountaintop and valley experiences. In the midst of all this, we MUST see God's hand working throughout our lives.
Can we mess up God's plan for our lives? Sort of yes, and sort of no. We will do things that are NOT God's will; like sin, disobedience (which is sin), etc., that will get us off of God's track for our lives. But the moment we repent and seek Him, He works us back into His plan and will for our lives.
You may think - no, you don't understand, I messed up too bad for God to use me. No, that is not so!!! I have wrestled with that myself, but we need to remember that God is BIGGER than our mess-ups. And guess what? God KNEW you were going to mess up even BEFORE you messed up. He also KNEW when you would repent and had ALREADY laid out the path BEFOREHAND to get you back on track with His will for you -WOW!!!
Not only does God move in straightening out our mess-ups, but He also is moving in our everyday life as we walk with Him.
Over the years, I have had what I'll call "divine appointments" which simply means being at the right place at the right time because of following the LORD.
There are many times we don't even have a clue that God is directing our steps (we think we are), but then you look back and say ONLY GOD could have made that "divine appointment."
One example of this is in founding BibleFood Devotional 8 years ago in January 1998. I followed the LORD'S leading in starting BibleFood Devotional. At the time, it didn't seem like a big deal, just an act of obedience; literally, only sending the devotion out to a handful of people.
Out of that ONE act of obedience, I have had the following happen:
1. I have grown through reaching out to others.
2. I have made many real friends.
3. I have made many ministerial friends.
4. I met my wife in 1999. She was a member of BibleFood and had moved to the area where I lived (though we didn't know each other yet). She e-mailed me one day that she was looking for a church in the area. I recommended that she visit where I was attending. We became offline friends and in time, fell in love (no cyber dating for us). Let me state here that we were not looking to date each other; that happened in time, God's time! And what a blessing He gave me in Joyce (my wife).
5. Out of BibleFood Devotional was started another online ministry in January 2000 called "The Encourager," devotions specifically written for ministers, elders, others in church leadership positions. These devotionals get into more specific issues that face those in ministry. It is also viewed by many via the internet. www.geocities.com/biblefood/tearchive.html
6. “GodWillHelpYou” was started in 2001 - This was inspired by Jim trying to minister and help co-workers at a job. Then he saw the need for this ministry over the internet. This ministry is an outreach to the lost, bound, backslidden, and hurting, as well as the unsaved. www.biblefood.org/godwillhelpyou.html
7. I was inspired by how God used the internet with BibleFood to using it in the starting of Christian Pool Players Association in 2002. This was started to reach the lost and hurting in the “pool/billiards” environment through friendship evangelism and special events. This has grown to over 250 members throughout the USA and the world. Go to: www.christianpoolplayers.com
8. In 2005, I accepted the pastorate of “Community Fellowship Church” in Kane, PA. This came about through a member in Pennsylvania who receives BibleFood Devotional. I had mentioned I felt the LORD calling me to the pastorate (somewhere). She e-mailed me about a place in Kane, PA (where’s Kane, PA, was my first thought). Also, I thought that it’s got to be cold in Kane and I don’t like the cold (but I do like to obey God). Yes, I took the pastorate of a small church in the small town of Kane. By the way, due to the cold winters, Kane is known as the “Icebox of Pennsylvania.”
Church website is: www.communityfellowshipofkane.org and www.kanepa.org
9. Opportunities in 2006 have opened for me to minister overseas (short-term missions) in India, Africa, and Pakistan. This is something I have had on my heart for years!!!
There are other areas where God has done amazing things in my life and others just because of obeying Him in this ONE area.
The last thing (number 10) I would like to share on relating to BibleFood touches my heart deeply as it is so GOD! This will take a few lines to explain but I think it will be worth your reading.
10. Back in the spring of 2000 I was planning to register www.biblefood.com as it was available that winter and would be so much easier for you all to remember and/or find. Finally, later that spring when I was ready to register it, I found that it had been taken in March 2000, I just missed getting it!!!
I was upset about losing the name and checked to see who took it. I decided to e-mail the person who registered it. I explained to this person how I had been wanting it for a long time. We ended up becoming friends (real close friends). The website name became a non-issue, but our friendship became our main concern. Since that time, my wife and I met Bob and his wife Mary while on our vacation. Now we have known them for years, have been to their home a couple times on vacation, spoke at Bob’s church, and love and respect them both highly. I consider Bob my “BibleFood brother” and have been so blessed by his love for Christ and his knowledge of the Bible.
I decided, with my busy schedule and the many changes in my life time-wise, that it was time to ask Pastor Bob Jones to use his God-given gift in the Greek to bless the readers of BibleFood Devotional. He has written a number of devotions for us. Although we are separate ministries, we are also working together for the purpose of blessing the Body of Christ.
I did register BibleFood as www.biblefood.org (ORG)and Pastor Bob Jones is still www.biblefood.com (COM).
Isn't that AWESOME!!! :)
In closing, over the years since starting BibleFood Devotional, I want to say I have experienced many trials and lots of valley time; but through it all I know God is still God, He is still in control!!!
So whether things are looking bright or dark, remember God is ultimately in CONTROL!!! Let God be God and allow Him to move in your life!
Your prayers are ALWAYS welcome and appreciated.
In His Service,
NOTE: A trip to India is planned in November 2006. (We need supporters – If so led please send support to GO Proclaim Ministries, Box 676, Kane, PA 16735 (Attention India).