Saturday, August 07, 2010

We are almost back to school…

While I'm not a student (except of the Lord – everyday), I am looking forward to school starting, especially UNCC which is very close to where I live. I am praying for a door or doors of ministry to open to reach out to the youth at UNCC. I had been working on get contacts at the university in various departments, and am now getting in touch with my contacts regarding campus ministry through my ministries (www.christianpoolplayers.com and www.meetup.com/College-Students-Changed-by-Christ) - your prayers are needed. One of my callings is to somehow make a difference with a few or many students now that we are in Charlotte, NC.

We are finally starting to get settled. We have our NC licenses and cars registered (NC plates). I have a church home (actually working with a church plant) here in Charlotte. I didn't plan to be part of a church plant, but I guess the Lord had other plans, we'll see. Also, I have found a pool hall that I consider my home base for pool. It's 30 minutes outside of Charlotte – "150 N Out" in Mooresville, NC. It's a very nice pool room. Prayerfully God will use me there, too. May the pool table become the tool God uses in my reaching out to pool players with the good news of Jesus Christ.

As we have settled into Charlotte, NC, I have not done any preaching. That has been hard. Pray the Lord will open doors of ministry to preach both locally and nationwide/worldwide. I have also been looking for work. It is hard and at times very frustrating. I have to remember the words of 1 Peter 1:7 These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold--though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. To be honest, I feel my calling is to be a full-time minister, but until that happens I need to be responsible and get a secular job. Please, please keep that in your prayers and that our Lord would open the right job soon! Once I am working, that will take time (like 40+ hours a week) from my schedule. I believe I will have more peace knowing that I am doing my part as provider in my family. In God's time full-time ministry will come J

We were excited to be able to go to Atlanta a couple weekends ago (only 4 ½ hours away) for one of the grandson's birthday. This was his 6th birthday and the first one we had the opportunity to be there for.

Outside of the job situation (lack of employment), I love being in Charlotte, NC. (and near family in Atlanta) and hope the Lord has us stay here a long time as our home and base for ministry.

Thanks to all of you who have been my encouragers and prayer warriors.

I would like to close this out with a video song by Casting Crowns one of my favorite Christian groups. It is "Praise You In The Storm", this song has ministered to me and I pray it will minister to you too.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uHdcyue0bSw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uHdcyue0bSw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>